Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cross-Stitch iPhone Case

Completed Project - QR Code

Unfinished Stitching of QR Code

So a cool new product I found is the cross-stitch iPhone case from www.leesedesign.com. I actually purchased mine through thinkgeek.com (LOVE that site!), but they are no longer available. They come in a variety of different colors, and come with a few pattern options, some threads and a needle. Very super cute!

I, of course, didn't want a regular iphone case. I was going to plan a new sexy girl pattern for the back of it, but got a little over enthusiastic and decided to do a Subversive QR Code design from Subversive Cross-Stitch. This is also one of my super favorite websites, and has been an inspiration in creating my artwork. (www.subversivecrossstitch.com) I purchased a PDF pattern from the site for the QR code, and stitched it within a few hours. It works great, but I had to stitch the white background as the QR codes do not work with inverted colors (ex. white on black), only dark on light. Since my phone case was black, I needed to add the stitching in for a light background. Anyway - very happy with it, except that I am so attached to my Otterbox iPhone case that I can't seem to use the stitched one. And now I want to purchase another one, to do a girly design, and I can't find anywhere with reasonable prices to buy one! Will keep an eye out, and let you know!


1 comments:

iPhone 4s Case said...

Love your blog, it's just a lovely, happy place to spend hours and hours reading!!

Post a Comment