Friday, March 16, 2012

Cross-Stitch Software


When I started branching out into more creative stitching projects, I knew I needed to get a good cross-stitch software program. I'm just not crazy enough to try and make the patterns from scratch, despite being crazy in general. One very large problem. I ONLY use Macs. Born and bred, I am a Apple lover. So although I knew there were a few programs out there, they were all for PCs. I googled around, and finally found one that would work with my computer. I downloaded the demo, and played around for a bit, and then took the risk and purchased it as an online download. At the time it was about $99.00. It is MacStitch from Ursa Software, and it has been the greatest purchase of my life. I would never have been able to do my work without it.

There are different settings of complexity, so you can set it at the hardest to achieve the most photorealistic effect (as I do), or the easiest to make a more color-blocked effect. You can choose your design size, stitch count, thread brand and all sorts of things. And then you can edit. This program is AMAZING. I bought it probably about 5 or 6 years ago now, so I am going to
upgrade to the 2012 version. They do have an upgrade offer that makes the program less expensive.

If there are other programs out there that you have used, let me know! I'd love to hear feedback on other options. However, MacStitch is
my go, and probably always will be. :)


Olivia. Stitched on 18-count aida cloth. ©2010.


0 comments:

Post a Comment